Happy Sesame Seed Cookies
170g Chek Hup Coffee Rock Sugar, 6g Chek Hup 2 in 1 Ipoh White Coffee, 180g butter, ⅛ tsp salt, ½ tsp vanilla essence, 1 egg yolk, some butter for greasing
- 260g plain flour, 25g cornflour, 1 tbsp rice flour, ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white (for glaze), 4 tbsp white sesame seeds, 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven at 180°C. Grease baking tray with butter.
- Cream butter, Chek Hup Coffee Rock Sugar, vanilla essence, salt and Chek Hup 2 in 1 Ipoh White Coffee until pale and light.
- Add egg yolk and continue mixing.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients A and mix into a dough.
- Roll out dough into ¾ cm thickness between 2 plastic sheets.
- Cut with a cookie cutter of your choice. Brush cookies with egg white and sprinkle generously with sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool slightly on the baking tray before transferring to a white rack to cool completely.