- 50g Chek Hup Candied Melon (finely diced), 25g crystallised mandarin (kaet peang), 85g self-raising flour, ½ tsp baking powder, 25g ground almonds, 25g almond nibs
- 2 egg whites, ½ tsp salt
- 210g butter, 130g Chek Hup Brown Sugar, ½ tsp vanilla essence, ½ tsp almond essence, 75g sugee
- 4 egg yolks, 1½ tbsp evaporated milk
- Combine Chek Hup Candied Melon and crystallised mandarin (kaet peang) with self-raising flour, baking powder, ground almonds and almond nibs. Leave aside.
- Beat egg whites with salt in a clean bowl until just stiff. Leave aside.
- Cream butter, Chek Hup Brown Sugar and both essences until creamy.
- Stir in sugee and beat well to mix.
- Beat in egg yolks and add evaporated milk to combine.
- Add combined ingredients A and mix well. Pour in egg white and mix well.
- Transfer batter into a lined and greased baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for about 50-55 minutes or till golden brown and cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer.