Stewed Lotus Root & Dried
Oyster with Chicken
650g chicken (chopped), 300g lotus root (cut into slices), 5 dried oysters (soaked), 1 tbsp oil, 5 slices old ginger, 3g black moss (soaked), 1.5L water, 15-20g Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar
2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp pepper, 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
1 tbsp potato starch mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Marinate chicken with seasoning for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Heat oil and sauté ginger and cuttlefish until fragrant.
- Add marinated chicken, lotus root and dried oysters. Stir-fry well.
- Pour in water and bring to the boil. Add Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar. Cover pot and reduce heat. Simmer over low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Add black moss and cook further till meat is tender.
- Thicken the gravy before serving.