150g salted butter, 2 tbsp icing sugar (sifted), 1 egg, ¼ tsp vanilla essence, 200g plain flour, 1 tbsp milk powder, ½ tsp salt, 1 tbsp cold water (if necessary)
Egg wash: 2 eggs (beaten)
2kg pineapple, 100g Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar,100g Chek Hup Coffee Rock Sugar, 30g Chek Hup Crystal Rock Sugar, ½ tsp salt, 2 inches cinnamon stick, 6-8 pcs cloves
Method for Pineapple
- Cut 1kg of the pineapple into larger chunks of about 2cm and finely grind the remaining of 1kg of pineapple
Cook the pineapple with the rest of the ingredients over low heat until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool, roll into small balls.
- Cream butter and icing sugar using a hand mixer. Whisk in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Sift flour, milk powder and salt into a mixing bowl, mix into soft dough. If the dough is dry and crumbly, add 1 tbsp cold water. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry to a thickness of 5mm and cut using the pineapple tart cutter.
- Transfer pastry to a lined tray, top with prepared pineapple jam and brush with egg wash.
- Bake tarts in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the pastry are golden brown.
- Transfer pineapple tarts to a rack to cool before storing in containers.