Fragrant Barley & Sweet Potato Dessert
- 2L water, 120g barley (rinsed), 3-4 pandan leaves (knotted)
- 130g yellow sweet potato, 130g orange sweet potato, 130g purple sweet potato
- 120g Chek Hup Diamond Cane Rock Sugar, 70g Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar
200mL evaporated milk, 1 tsp salt
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Steam till tender, set aside.
- Bring ingredients A to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-low and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add ingredients B and C to the barley soup and cook till the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in evaporated milk and season with salt to taste.
- Serve hot or chilled.