Black Pearl Dessert
- 2L water, 125g black glutinous rice (soaked overnight and drained), 85g red beans (soaked overnight and drained), 4 pandan leaves (knotted), 6 red dates
- 100g Chek Hup Honey Rock Sugar, 85g Chek Hup Crystal Rock Sugar, 35g dried longan flesh, ¾ tsp salt or to taste
- 125mL thick coconut milk
- Bring ingredients A (except red dates) to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiled, reduce heat to medium-low and add red dates. Cook for about 50-60 minutes or until black glutinous rice and red beans are soft.
- When the liquid is almost done, add ingredients B. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Remove pandan leaves. Stir in portion of coconut milk.
- To serve, spoon dessert into bowls and drizzle with reserved coconut milk.