Fragrant Tea Egg Dessert
10 hard-boiled eggs (with shells gently cracked to create a marbled effect), 2.5L water, 70g Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar, 200g Chek Hup Diamond Cane Rock Sugar, 80g Chek Hup Brown Sugar, 1-1½ tsp salt, 10 red dates, 35g dried longan flesh
Spice: Place into a stock bag
30g Pu Erh tea leaves, 8g chuen koong, 3cm cinnamon stick, 6 cloves, 3 star anise, 5g sang ji sheng, ½ tsp Szechuan pepper, 10g licorice, 6 black dates, 13g tong kwai
- Bring spice ingredients and water to a boil. Cook for 40 minutes until the fragrance of the spices has developed.
- Add in all Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar, Diamond Cane Rock Sugar, Brown Sugar and cracked boiled eggs, cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat. Do not allow the liquid to evaporate too much.
- Adjust sweetness to taste. Add in red dates and dried longan flesh, continue to boil for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Dish out the eggs, shell and return eggs into the soup.
- To serve, place one egg into each bowl along with a ladle of soup. Serve hot.