Stewed Snow Fungus with
Wild Yam Dessert
- 35g snow fungus, 10g sweet almonds (nan xin), 6g bitter almonds (bei xin), 6 red dates (seeded and sliced), 4 pandan leaves (knotted), 30g hoi chuk (thinly sliced and soaked for 15 minutes), 1 packet gingko nuts, 2.2L water
- 150g wild yam (huai shan), 100g Chek Hup Honey Rock Sugar, 60g Chek Hup Crystal Rock Sugar
- Soak snow fungus in water for 20-30 minutes and drain. Trim and remove hard stems. Wash and drain. Tear into bite-size pieces.
- Bring prepared snow fungus and the rest of ingredients A to a boil over medium-high heat for 30-35 minutes.
- Add ingredients B and boil briefly until the sugar dissolves.
- Serve hot or chilled.