Prosperity Golden Pumpkin
- 50g Chek Hup Candied Melon (diced), 1 tbsp Chek Hup Brown Sugar, 2 tbsp dried prawns (soaked and finely chopped), 35g white part of coconut flesh, 1-2 tbsp oil, 1-2 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic, 1 shallot, 2cm piece cekur, 1 piece candlenut (grated finely), 1 tbsp coriander powder
½ tsp ground black pepper, ½ tsp pepper, salt to taste
160g pumpkin (steamed and mashed), 125g glutinous rice flour, 15g wheat starch, 30g Chek Hup Brown Sugar, adequate water
Cloves, banana leaves
Method for Filling:
Heat oil in a nonstick saucepan. Sauté ingredients B until fragrant. Add dried prawns and fry briefly. Add water to bind the mixture. Add grated coconut and seasoning. Stir well to combine. Should mixture be too dry, add about 2-3 tbsp of water. Dish out and add Chek Hup Candied Melon and Brown Sugar.
Method for Dough:
- Combine glutinous rice flour, wheat flour, mashed pumpkin, Chek Hup Brown Sugar and adequate water to mix. Knead well to form a pliable dough. Leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Divide dough into small equal portions.
- Wrap a tsp of filling in each bit of dough and shape into a ball.
- Lightly press the dough with a plastic knife into 8-9 segments to resemble a pumpkin. Stick a piece of clove on top and brush the surface lightly with oil. Place on a piece of cut-out banana leaf.
- Arrange on a steamer tray and steam over high heat for 5-6 minutes.