75g all-purpose flour, 35g low-protein flour, ¼ tsp salt, 80mL water, ¾ tsp instant yeast
- 125g all-purpose flour, 100g low-protein flour, 50g shortening, ¼ tbsp instant yeast
- 50g Chek Hup Diamond Cane Rock Sugar + 100mL lukewarm water (stir and mix to dissolve the sugar)
- 150g split green peas (washed and soaked for over 4-5 hours), 3 sprigs pandan leaves, 750mL water
- 2-3 tbsp oil, 2 shallots (finely sliced), 125g Chek Hup Diamond Cane Rock Sugar
¾ tsp salt, some green food colouring
Method for Filling:
- Cook filling ingredients A until peas are tender. Strain, remove pandan leaves and process whilst still hot until smooth.
- Heat oil and sauté shallots till golden. Add green pea paste and filling ingredients B. Fry until the paste is dry and comes off the side of the pan. Allow to cool then form into balls.
Method for Dough:
- To prepare dough starter: Combine all dough starter ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Place the bowl in a large, clean plastic bag and set aside for 1-1½ hours to prove.
- To prepare the dough: Combine all dough starter ingredients and dough ingredients A in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine dough ingredients B to dissolve sugar. Once dissolved, add to the mixing bowl and knead to form a smooth dough. Place the bowl in a large, clean plastic bag to prove for 10 minutes.
- To make leaves: Knead 55g of dough with a few drops of green food coloring. Divide and shape into leaves.
Method for Bun:
- Divide remaining dough into even portions. Roll each portion into a ball and flatten with a rolling pin. Wrap dough around portioned filling and seal. Form into the shape of a peach by using a metal spoon to create a dent in the centre. Use a dab of water to adhere the leaves onto the bun.
- Place each bun on a square of greaseproof paper. Prove for about 15 minutes.
- Steam buns over medium heat for 8 minutes. Allow to cool. Finish with red or pink food colouring.