Pineapple & Citrus Enzyme
350g pineapple, 1 lemon, 3 calamansi limes, 400g Chek Hup Diamond Cane Rock Sugar
- Wash lemon and calamansi limes until clean and air-dry them well.
- Cut lemon and calamansi limes into wedges and deseed. Slice away pineapple skin and the black spots or eyes, then cut into small pieces.
- Spread one portion of pineapple slices with a few wedges of lemon and calamansi limes on the bottom of the glass jar.
- Add one layer of Chek Hup Diamond Cane Rock Sugar over.
- Repeat the steps from above until the jar is filled up. Make sure that the top layer is sugar.
- Do not fill up until too full. Leave some space for the ingredients to ferment.
- Keep the glass jar in a dry clean place for 2 days. After 3 days, transfer the glass jar into the fridge for 3 weeks. The enzyme is ready to serve.