Wonderful Lime Enzyme
500g calamansi limes, 2 limes, 1 lemon, 300g Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar, 150g Chek Hup Diamond Cane Rock Sugar
- Wash and clean all fruits and set them aside to air-dry.
- Halve calamansi limes and slice limes and lemon, remove the seeds.
- Divide all the fruits and sugars into 2 equal portions.
- Spread one portion of calamansi limes on the bottom of the glass jar. Spread one portion of both Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar and Diamond Cane Rock Sugar over the limes. Use a spoon to press down the limes, making sure the juice from the limes is squeezed out.
- Repeat the steps until the jar is filled up. Make sure that the top layer is sugar.
- Cover the lid of the jar but do not close it too tight. Allow a bit of air into the jar as this helps ingredients ferment.
- Keep the jar in a dry and clean place for 2 days.
- Keep the lid closed, and then transfer the glass jar into the fridge for 3 weeks. Once done, strain away the residue and keep the enzyme in the refrigerator.