Delightful Caramel Ma Lai Koe
- 4 eggs, ½ tsp vanilla essence, ½ tsp salt
- 100g plain flour, 70g high protein flour, 1 tbsp custard powder, 1 tbsp double action baking powder, ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda (combined)
- 110g melted butter
150g Chek Hup Brown Sugar, 50mL water
Some melon seeds
- Put Chek Hup Brown Sugar and water into a nonstick saucepan. Bring to a low boil until sugar has dissolved and mixture is syrupy. Leave to cool.
- Whisk eggs, essence and salt till light and fluffy.
- Add syrup mixture. Next, gradually mix in ingredients B mixture. Stir until it is free of lumps.
- Add melted butter and stir to mix well.
- Spoon batter into small cups. Sprinkle some melon seeds over as topping.
- Steam over high heat for 12-15 minutes or until well puffed up.